The 8¾” transducers WF223BD01 (4 ohm) and WF223BD02 (8 ohm) were designed as high performance bass/midrange units for monitors and high-end hi-fi speakers. They offer outstanding deep bass performance and dynamic and detailed midrange.
Ideal for 3-way constructions they additionally offer designers the rare opportunity of working with 8” 2-way solutions if paired with a suitable tweeter like for instance some of the Wavecor 30 mm units.
- Balanced Drive motor structure for optimal drive force symmetry resulting in largely reduced even order harmonic distortion
- Copper cap on center pole to reduce voice coil inductance and to minimize variations in voice coil inductance as a function of voice coil position
- Cone made of a new paper/glass fiber mix with improved consistency and stability
- Rigid die cast alu chassis with extensive venting for lower air flow speed reducing audible distortion
- Vented voice coil former for reduced distortion and compression
- Vented center pole with dual flares for reduced noise level and compressions at large cone excursions
- Heavy-duty black fiber glass voice coil former to reduce mechanical losses resulting in better dynamic performance and low-level details
- Large motor with 1½” voice coil diameter for better control and power handling
- Built-in alu field-stabilizing ring for reduced distortion at high levels
- Low-loss suspension (high Qm) for better reproduction of details and dynamics
- Black plated motor parts for better heat transfer to the surrounding air
- Conex spider for better durability under extreme conditions
- Gold plated terminals to ensure long-term trouble free connection
Download PDF data sheet