Dayton Audio has taken the most complete and easy-to-use audio test system and improved it in almost every way when creating the DATS V3 Computer Based Audio Component Test System. With improvements to the accuracy, capability, and reliability of the DATS V2, the DATS V3 sets a new standard for quick and accurate audio component measurements.
Dayton Audio DATS V3 Computer Based Audio Component Test System
When designing the DATS V3 measurement device, Dayton Audio took everything customers love about the DATS V2 and improved upon the accuracy, capability, reliability, convenience, and flexibility.
Any engineer knows that valid and accurate data is crucial to great results. DATS (Dayton Audio Test System) V3 is the essential tool in any speaker designer's or audio engineer's toolbox, providing accurate, precise measurement data for any audio transducer or loudspeaker system. Save yourself time, money, and trial-and-error frustration by using DATS V3 to measure loudspeaker drivers, crossover networks, and complete audio systems!
DATS V3 is a unique, multipurpose test system that works with your PC and full-featured test software to measure the impedance response of a speaker driver and derive a complete set of Thiele/Small parameters that describe its operation. It's as easy as connecting a driver and starting the test! The DATS V3 measurement module provides the electrical stimulus to the driver, measures the driver's impedance on the fly, and then creates a high-resolution graph (30,000 data points!) with no additional hardware required.
Possible applications for the DATS V3:
- T/S Parameter Measurement
- Enclosure Tuning Verification
- Verify Crossover Wiring and Performance
- Accurate Inductor Measurement
- Accurate Capacitor Measurement
- Accurate Resistor Measurement
DATS V3 provides the following unique advantages:
- Rugged aluminum housing with detachable test leads and built-in precision calibration resistor
• Tighter tolerances on internal components for more precise measurements
• Linearity test allows you to easily observe shifting parameters with different drive levels
• Increased output capability for greater separation from the noise floor for more accurate measurements
• Optional under desk mounting brackets to save desk space
• Ultra-linear impedance response measurement for loudspeaker drivers and complete systems
• Accurate measurement of loudspeaker electromechanical parameters (Fs, Qts, Vas, and many more)
• Measurement of advanced Wright Model parameters (Kr, Xr, Ki, Xi) for precision simulations
• Precise, high-resolution impedance response measurements with 30,000 data points (1 Hz to 20,000 Hz)
• Save and compare up to 20 impedance graphs simultaneously within one test file
• Integrated quality control feature set provides pass/fail parameter measurement (QC Pack)
• Sensitive rub and buzz detection functionality reveals hidden flaws in individual drivers (QC Pack)
• Software signal generator with selectable waveform, frequency, and amplitude
• Generates sine, square, triangle, saw tooth, impulse, pink noise, and log sweeps
• Oscilloscope software mode with dual traces, plus adjustable time and amplitude scales
• Oscilloscope and generator modes are compatible with other audio interfaces
• Quality test interface hardware assembled using precision SMT components and automation
• High-quality alligator clip leads minimize contact resistance for improved consistency
• Includes method for calculating Vas from specified Mmd
• Faster-than-ever hardware startup time virtually eliminates warm-up/cool-down
What's better about Version 3?
From the outside, the DATS V3 has a completely updated look and feel. The extruded aluminum housing makes DATS V3 durable enough to throw into a toolbox without worrying about damage. In addition, optional mounting brackets give you the option to mount the DATS V3 under a desk or test bench to save space. No more searching for a calibration resistor, it is now integrated into the case, just clip the test leads onto the pins on the front of the housing and run the calibration. Also, the test leads have been upgraded to removable insulated banana plug test leads, giving you the ability to use your favorite test leads and easily replace damaged test leads (test leads are included). Finally, we have added a USB-B jack rather than an integrated USB cable (USB A to B cable included). This allows the cable to be quickly swapped if there is any damage, or if a different length is preferred.
The improvements continue on to the inside of the DATS V3. The internals have been completely redesigned and improved to deliver better accuracy and more power. With increased output power, the DATS V3 allows you to take measurements at a higher level to minimize the possibility that noise or vibration affects results. Dayton Audio has also upgraded many of the internal components with tighter tolerances to minimize the margin of error that is caused by a component's value variance. Even the calibration resistor has been upgraded to 0.1% tolerance.
DATS V3 software is the true power of DATS. The included software not only measures impedance and parameters of speaker drivers with incredible accuracy, but the addition of the DATS Linearity Test gives you the ability to observe changes in parameters with differing drive levels. The Linearity Test automatically performs multiple sweeps of the driver at increasing (or decreasing) levels while saving each test result to memory making it easy to recall and compare the results. As always, the DATS V3 still has the capability to measure the true value of inductors, capacitors, and resistors, and it also works as a signal generator and scope to let you monitor small electrical signals (line-level only). Even more updates are planned to further set DATS V3 apart from the competition.
A solution like no other!
DATS V3 is faster, more elegant, more versatile, and easier to use than any other speaker test & measurement device. Get ready for your designs to make a quantum leap, thanks to better data!
DATS V3 dimensions: 1" H x 2-1/2" W x 4-1/8" D
For the DATS software please visit the DATS web page.